OGLIO’ S CYCLE ROUTE
5 Days/4 Nights to discover the Oglio's Cycle Route, bike route longer than 280 km that crosses the provinces of Brescia, Bergamo, Cremona and Mantova. The itinerary proposed, starting from Passo del Tonale (located at 1883 metres away), allows to cross the Oglio River's basin going from the Iseo Lake to Po River (arrival at Ponte di Barche of San Matteo delle Chiaviche, 21 metres of altitude), visiting the most important surrounding touristic areas. The ruote climbs with a different in height of 1.862 metres and for the 60% is asphalt and fort the 40% is dirt. There are reinforced breakfast and lunches and dinners with gourmet menù at local restaurants.
Day 1: Transfer from the airport (Malpensa, Orio al Serio or Linate) to Passo del Tonale. Dinner at a local restaurant with complete gourmet menu (beverages included) and overnight stay in hotel.
Day 2: 09:00 Full breakfast and bike ride to Darfo Boario Terme. Lunch near Capo di Ponte in a local restaurant with light gourmet menu (beverages included). Free tour of the UNESCO heritage and continuation of the ride to Boario. 18:00 Arrival at the hotel at Boario Terme. Dinner in a local restaurant with complete gourmet menu (beverages included) and overnight stay in hotel. Day 3: 7:00 Full breakfast in hotel followed by bike ride towards Lake Iseo, passing through Pisogne Sale Marasino, Sulzano, Iseo, Clusane and Paratico 13:30 Lunch in a local restaurant in Palazzolo (beverages included). 14:30 Bike ride start to Soncino. 16:00 Arrival in Soncino and overnight stay in hotel Dinner in a local restaurant (beverages not included). Day 4: 7:00 Full breakfast in hotel 8:00 Departure from Soncino to Pontevico by bus. 8:45 Bike ride start from Pontevico crossing Ostiano – Isola Dovarese - Canneto sull'Oglio and Piadena. 12:30 Lunch in a local restaurant in Calvatone (beverages included). 14:00 Bike ride start from Calvatone to Acquanegra – Bozzolo - San Martino dell'Argine – Marcaria. 16:00 Arrival in San Matteo delle Chiaviche di Viadana (boats bridge). Transfer by bus to the hotel. Dinner in a local restaurant (beverages not included) and overnight stay in hotel. Day 5: Breakfast, free time, transfer by bus to the airport (Malpensa, Orio al Serio or Linate) and return home.
Landmarks along the routes:
- Capo di Ponte: visit of the UNESCO heritage (Naquane Rupestrian Art National Park, Archaeological Park of Massi di Cemmo, Tour of the Mupre, the National Prehistory Museum), parish church of S. Siro and Monastery of S. Salvatore (both Romanesque buildings);
- Cerveno: Sanctuary of the Via Crucis (Stations of the Cross) with the XVIII century wooden statues;
- Breno: Roman temple of Minerva and castle;
- Darfo Boario Terme: the Thermal baths of Boario;
- Pisogne: Church of Santa Maria della Neve with XVI century frescoes by Romanino;
- Monte Isola: the largest lacustrian island in Europe;
- Iseo: the historical centre;
- Soncino: the Sforza fortress of the XV century;
- The peat-bogs of Marcaria and Belforte.
Advised period: from the end of May – to the start of October.
4 overnight stays in hotel 3/4* and B&B;
meals as in the programme;
transfer as in the programme (TO/FROM the airport and internal transfer);
The price not included tourist taxes, all the extras and anything not expressly indicated.
PRICE FOR PERSON IN DOUBLE ROOM:
For 2 PERSONS starting from EUR 1.362
For 4 PERSONS starting from EUR 893
For 6 PERSONS starting from EUR 748.
- Available on request with additional quotation:- single rom supplement;- cycle route guide.CUSTOMISED PACKAGES ON REQUEST.
- Min. Price: 1362 persona
- StructureDetails.minPax: 2