Unusual Museums Lombardy
Unusual Museums Lombardy, regional culture guide
Unusual Museums Lombardy. The following selection gathers a few peculiar structures displaying original examples of traditional and modern culture. Lombardy is the ideal destination for whoever wishes to watch unusual collections.
Start visiting museums in Milan. It guards surprising exhibitions such as those in WOW Spazio Fumetto, a space entirely dedicated to comics. Check the calendar at its official website for events focusing on childen and teenagers.
Many unusual museums are scattered all over the Region, giving visitors the chance to learn more about local history, traditions and culture.
Fashion and footwear enthusiasts will be glad to find out that between the walls of Vigevano's Sforza Castle are several classic and unusual pieces made by big names in the industry.
Science and technology lovers should consider visiting the area of Valcamonica. Once there it is possible to witness an unusual demonstration of electricity, set up inside a decommissioned power plant, addressing issues like energy saving and the environment.
If you are curious to discover these unusual museums, do not hestiate in browsing our gallery and see what Lombardy has in store.
- WOW SPAZIO FUMETTO Milan Mickey Mouse, Dylan Dog, Superman, Martin Mystère and all of the Ninth Art's most famous characters take center stage in this museum. It has been devised and is currently managed by the Franco Fossati Foundation. Several bibliographic anthologies, comics, original drawings, encyclopedias and other industry publications are guarded here. Visitors can also see its onging exhibitions and can take part of special events, conferences, writing and animation workshops dedicated to children and teenagers as well. For info >
- CRESPI BONSAI MUSEUM Parabiago (MI) This museum was founded in 1991 by the will of Luigi Crespi. It is an open door that connects bot East and West. It boasts some interesting bonsais shaped by the greatest Japanese masters, centuries-old plants, a vast collection of vases from the Ming and Ching eras, precious books from the Far East and an ancient furniture collection. For info >
- @Jarungthip JarinTHE AMERICAN SOUTHWEST MUSEUM Cuveglio (VA) A Far West museum in Lombardy? Well, yes, there is one! It is the legacy of Enzo Vescia, a surgeon who used to collect archaeological findings from precolumbian civilizations, handcrafted artifacts from Native American artisans and antique items that belonged to pioneers. The museum displays about 300 unique items. Here, visitors can gaze upon Aztec and Maya sculptures, Pueblo pottery, clothing and items used by real cowboys, Mexican and Navajo tiles, weapons and much more. For info >
- @Bimbi DistefanoBERTOLINI FOOTWEAR MUSEUM Vigevano (PV) Located inside the Sforza Castle in, Italian footwear capital until the sixties, this museum counts with a historical section that displays a vast collection of shoes from times gone by, plus an ethnic section that displays Chinese, Japanese, African and Indian footwear. Plus it showcases curious models, such as the n. 59 shoe of basketball star Shaquille O'Neal. There is also a section dedicated to great modern designers such as Dior, Manolo Blahnik, Gucci, Louboutin, Chanel, Jimmy Choo many others! For info >
- BREAD MUSEUM Sant'Angelo Lodigiano (LO) Located at the first floor of the Visconti Castle, this museum comprises 5 halls where you can admire over 500 types of bread from both Italy and other countries, kneading machines, ancient ovens and all kinds of baking tools. You can also learn about all the different taxes and government regulations that exist regarding bread making, raw materials and flour that were issued in the XVIIIth and XIXth centuries. For info >
- @paolo barichelloMUSEUM OF PRINTING Soncino (CR) Soncino is famous for its castle, but also for being one of the first cities in Italy and Europe to host a printing house: it was in use just 30 years after Gutenberg's discovery and was managed by a German-Jewish family. The Museum of Printing has been founded to narrate the history of printing and its evolution over the years. Discover ancient machinery and page layout techniques with mobile characters. It is located inside Soncino's Casa degli Stampatori Ebrei or House of Jewish Printers. For info >
- ELECTRICITY MUSEUM Cedegolo (BS) Inside a large former hydroelectrical plant in Valcamonica, you can find a museum dedicated to all things related to energy, the environment and technology. Visitors can find here multimedia installations, archive movie cilps that illustrate the history of this territory, historical documentaries and short films about these grand hydroelectric structures. You can also explore a faithful reproduction of a penstock, and watch the machinery room where a turbine-alternator ensemble from 1903 has been placed for public display. For info >
- RADIO MUSEUM Montanaso Lombardo (LO) "Tutta un'altra radio" begins in 2013, as a fan initiative by four local collectors that gathered all kinds of radio devices. This collection includes about 400 items that cover various genres and ages, from the 20s to the 90s. The Museum's goal is getting visitors to know about the evolution of this medium through time, plus it also refurbishes and restores devices that no longer work. For info >