Lake Como in Spring
5 things to do at Lake Como in Spring
Spring is the best season for visiting the Province of Como and Lake Como. Its mild weather and clear skies inspired Alessandro Manzoni in his novel The Betrothed, nature is colored with the moutnains' vibrant greens and a myriad of hues from the blooming gardens and villas that stand along the lake shores, making for a unique visit to this Region.
With the arrival of spring, ships return to their sailing routes wihle taking visitors to lakeside boroughs, from Como to Bellagio. You can hop on board with a Day-ticket and discover the botanic gardens at the Center of the Lake. It is a slow ride, but the view that will unravel before your eyes in priceless. You can visit the Balbianello Villa in Lenno if you wish to feel like at a film set, or Villa Carlotta in Tremezzo if you love art and flowers. If you like walking, follow the Greenway, a gentle itinerary that connects Colonno to Cadenabbia and lets you pass along two villas through historical districts and lakeside towns.
This path is suitable for all possible weather conditions, since Springtime is known to harbor rain once in a while.
If you are not into rain, then the city of Como and its monuments, museums, shops and cafés will be just what you need. Let's not forget about various indoor parks in which both adults and children can live unforgettable moments.
For more info visit: www.lakecomo.it
- Visiting the Villas by boat Spring schedules for ships starts by the end of March, giving you the opportunity to organize the finest trips to Lake Como. A ship is an excellent place in order to admire the landscape and a great means of transportation to visit many lakeside attractions. Villas take center stage in Springtime when they open again their colorful gardens to the public. Buy a round way ticket and stop by Bellagio, Lenno and Tremezzo in order to visit the villas of Melzi, Serbelloni, Balbianello and Carlotta.
- Foto VergottiniDiscover unexpected views at the Como Greenway Do you wish to go for a walk? We propose a beautiful trip for early spring days that doesn't require to be particularly fit try. It allows you to take cover in case of any april showers as well. 10 km of gentle panoramic walking from Colonno to Griante through boroughs and mule tracks, lakeside localities and mountain hamlets that you can see one at a time. All the boroughs located along the SP 340 road can be reached by bus and boat lines. You can find descriptions of this route at any tourist information office.
- Suggestive Rickshaw tours You can easily visit most of Como on foot, with a good guide at hand or just letting yourselves be enthralled by its landscape and architecture. We may suggest an unusual alternative: a tour on a Rickshaw. The Urban Bike Courier company proposes environmentaly-friendly trips riding assisted pedaling tricycles that fit two or three passengers. You can choose to enjoy either a 20 or 90 minutes tour by sitting comfortably inside a wagon covered by an anwing while admiring the historic center or go to Cernobbio by along the lakeshore.
- Soaring in a hydroplane The oldest hydroplane flying school in the world and the only active one in Europe can be found near the Como Stadium. Spring heralds the arrival of a mild weather, an essential condition to fly, thus giving you the opportunity to live this unique experience. Get on board a plane that takes off directly from the water and fly over one of the most beautiful sceneries in the world while getting familiar with the cockpit instruments as well. Just contact the Aeroclub for info. For more info >
- Bad weather? No worries, lots of indoor activities await What if it rains? Alas, springtime showers are to be expected between the Prealps. If you happen to have children, let us suggest an unusual location in the southern skirts of Como. It is a commercial zone with large spaces boasting plenty of entertainment options. Take a look at drivercomo.com, museodelcavallogiocattolo.it and chicco.it! There is something for everyone, from go kart tracks on "ice" to F1 simulators, a historic rocking horse collection and properly equipped playgrounds for kids.
Discover all of our projects