Valtellina Photo Gallery
Valtellina Photo Gallery, from A to Z
The following Valtellina Photo Gallery, aims to give you a comprehensive view of this splendid destination in Lombardy, whether it is that you wish to make an outdoor trip or plan a mountain vacation.
This vast Alpine territory spreads for over 200 kilometers and boasts a varied landscape. Its lower part reaches Lake Como and the heights of Pizzo Bernina, plus the Trentino Alto Adige and the Swiss border at the north. It is a renowned target for winter sport enthusiasts. They can do some snowboard, but also take a walk during spring and summertime, fully appreciating its fresh air and beautiful natural scenery.
It is ideal for every season, be it that you want to practice sports or just relax and enjoy a good meal. A few examples of its culinary tradition are the Pizzoccheri noodles (recently awarded with the IGP label) and the bresaola, a must-have in Valtelline tables and Happy Hours.
There are numerous trekking or picnic opportunities along charming lagoons and their inspiring views for you to relish on.
Get inspiration for spending an unforgettable mountain vacation in the area of the Valtellina with this photo gallery. It has been made in collaboration with the Valtellina Tourism initiative, a social network project that involves local communities.
- Valtellina from A to Z Tirano's Madonna Sanctuary is a unique place of worship that has drawn several pilgrims for decades. A must-see in your next sojourn in Valtellina! For more info >
- Valtellina from A to Z Savogno rises along a path that connects the valleys of the Upper Reno with the Valchiavenna. Every chance is great for a visit, trust us. For more info >
- Valtellina from A to Z Blooming crocuses at the plateau of Andossi herald the coming of Springtime in Madesimo. For more info >
- Valtellina from A to Z How about a bicycle ride for the weekend? The most peculiar terracing road in Valtellina's rural landscape, awaits. It features historical and artistic buildings as well. For more info >
- Valtellina from A to Z Save the date in July and August for Ambra Jazz, Valtellina's summer music festival, drawing in guests from all over the world.
- Valtellina from A to Z Surrounded by the lush vegetation of the Orobie Park, Aerobosco offers four itineraries that guarantee lots of fun among trees for adults and children! For more info >
- Valtellina from A to Z The Valtelline boasts numerous places to enjoy unique picnics, with properly equipped areas in unspoiled localities that are easy to reach.
- Valtelline from A to Z It is easy to spot chickadees due to their heads' erectile tuft of feathers. Their calling sound is low yet vibrant, often heard in coniferous forests.
- Valtellina from A to Z The magnificent Lake Porcile in Val Tartano awaits for an unforgettable outdoor walk.
- Valtellina from A to Z The Bormio Civic Museum is nestled in the XVIIth century building known as Palazzo De Simoni. Relive the past with its educational itineraries.
- Valtellina from A to Z Behold the Acquafraggia waterfalls in Valchiavenna! A sight that some often compare with that of the Niagara Falls. Thrills are guaranteed here. For more info >
- Valtellina from A to Z Evenings in Valtellina are magical. The Alpe Fora for instance imbues both peace and an intense sense of wonder.
- Valtellina from A to Z Let yourselves be enthralled by the priceless natural wonders of the Stelvio National Park! For more info >
- Valtellina from A to Z 2016 is the National Roads Year in Italy, the perfect occasion for spending the day among Valtellina and Valchiavenna's natural landscapes.
- Valtellina from A to Z Discover the hospitality of the Mai Tardi mountain shelter. It is only a few steps from downtown Madesimo, in a peaceful, sunny position with a panoramic view. It is possible to go trekking, bike and horseback riding in spring and summer. For more info >
- Valtellina from A to Z A steaming plate of pizzoccheri is a delight for even the most discerning palates. This local delicacy has been recently awarded the IGP label. For more info >
- Valtellina from A to Z The New Thermal Baths of Bormio are an exceptional venue where you can relax and enjoy Valtellina's breathtaking scenery!
- Valtellina from A to Z Travel from Tirano to Saint Moritz in with the Bernina "Trenino Rosso" or red train, labelled as part of Unesco's World Heritage in 2008. Scopri di più >
- Valtellina from A to Z Ever since ancient Roman times, wine has been an important part of Valtelline's history. Come and discover its vineyards and wine varieties. For more info >
- Valtellina from A to Z Local Flora is charming, filling the land with its wonderful colors in springtime. Just look at these primroses for instance!