Autumn at Lake Iseo
5 things to do during autumn at Lake Iseo
Autumn at Lake Iseo brings new colors and intense flavors. A varied land with an astonishing lakefront, magical boroughs and untouched nature.
Enjoy a day of trekking or ride a bike while enjoying its charming landscapes. Those who seek to relax will appreciate its numerous Spas, while gourmands may go a myriad of culinary fairs that take place during this season.
Here are a couple of suggestions for whoever wishes to spend a weekend or enjoy a longer vacation during autumn at Lake Iseo!
- Take a walk at the natural reserve of Torbiere del Sebino Autumn is the ideal season to enjoy an unforgettable walk at the peatlands of Torbiere del Sebino, surrounded by its untouched nature and a pleasant sense of peace. It only costs one Euro to enter and it is possible to traverse it on foot or bike by following the marked paths. The peatlands are great attraction for families, nature lovers, couples and photographers. Bring a camera with you, there are plenty specimens of the local fauna that will astonish you with their beauty.
- A day at the SPA Coming back from a vacation can be tiring, but perhaps a nice massage while enjoying a splendid view of the lake may help. Forget about the beach, bikinis, cocktails and pamper yourselves with a depurating herbal tea in Lake Iseo.
- Attend the Mushroom and Chestnut fairs. The right thing to do during autumn is to take part of one of the local Mushroom and Chestnut fairs. An entire weekend in the town of Pisogne with a scrumptious menu alongside exhibitions and contests. Check them out again in October, when Predore and Lovere start offering lots of entertainment and good food.
- Cycling or Trekking? There are plenty of bike trails that vary in difficulty. The most popular among families make part of the Peatlands path, that of Monte Isola or the Bergamo-Sarnico cycling road. More experienced visitors can choose the Bossico Plateau, the GimondiBike and the Valcalepio Road. If you prefer to walk, the lake proposes interesting trekking itineraries that will take you to the top of Mount Guiglielmo. Take a nice picture for your blog or work out your entire body by practicing nordic walking.
- Visit Lovere's Church of Santa Maria in Valvendra Santa Maria in Valvendra is located in Lovere and it is the largest church in the diocese of Brescia. It was originally commissioned as a votive sanctuary dedicated to the Virgin of Graces by the Borough's families, who became wealthy thanks to trade. Its interiors are divided in three naves. The central nave has been entirely frescoed by Floriano Ferramola. The side naves, covered by vaults, feature false architectures that harbor figures of several prophets. Do not miss it!
Discover all of our projects