Autumn in Lecco
5 things to do durin Autumn in Lecco
If Spring is the season of rebirth and Summer is the time to stay outdoors all day long, Autumn is the season of a thousand colors. These are indeed the months in which everything becomes into a canvas of magical hues: yellow, orange, red, burgundy, brown, shades that color forests with numerous gradients.
How to spend these Fall days then? By taking a nice walk among the myriad of leaves that cover the ground, perhaps seeking mushrooms and chestnuts as well, taking part of numerous culinary initiatives that propose local specialties or walking on the steps of famous writers...because Lake Como is the place where Alessandro Manzoni set his masterpiece in. In case of rain, you can go to one of the many museums in the area.
It is impossible to resist to the magic of Autumn! Even those who live in big cities, as soon as they take glimpse of a street with trees that cover the sidewalk with their multicolored leaves, will not want to be anywhere else in the world. Lake Como truly is one of a kind.
Thanks to lakecomo.com
- Searching for chestnuts and mushrooms If we had to poing out the products that are synonymous with Fall, mushrooms and chestnuts would be on top of our list. With their intense aroma and countless cooking uses, who wouldn't want a nice plate of polenta with mushrooms or a cornet of roasted chestnuts? For more info: >
- Foliage! Days are not yet cold and a lukewarm light covers the landscape, highlighting a myriad of colors on the underbush. The creaking of dry leaves under your feet and the soothing sensation that the forest inspires may remind you of a painting. There are numerous trails for you to walk along in autumn, before it starts snowing. For more info >
- Falltime tradition at the dining table For the delight of gourmands, there are two culinary festivals that take place from September to November and will take you into the tables of countless restaurants, agrotourisms and mountain shelters in Lecco: The weekends of Fall Flavors and Valvarrone's Flavors of Autumn, which will involve several businesses that participate in these initiatives in many localities of this territory. For more info: >
- Get to know this land by browsing the pages of a book Alessandro Manzoni is probably the most famous writer who described Lake Como, but there have been plenty of other artists who through the ages have narrated and described this territory. Back in the XVIIIth century, Giuseppe Parini sang about the Brianza and its "Vago Eupili", in the XXth century the young poetess Antonia Pozzi chose the mountains of the Valsassina as her place for inspiration, modern author Andrea Vitali to this day stories set in Lake Como and his native Bellano. These are three literary itineraries you cannot miss!
- Each museum is a treasure trove of knowledge! Whether you are adults or children, that you love art or science, history or technology, you will find the right museum at the Province of Lecco. There are 29 museums from the Province's Museum System that allow tourists to discover this land, which at the same time becomes a museum itself, waiting to be explored. Work museums, etnographic, Art, History and Nature museums...you will certainly find the suitable exhibition for your tastes. For more info: >