Autumn in Milan
5 todo during autumn in Milan
The colors of autumn in Milan make the city even more suggestive: nature's yellow and orange hues blend with the clear blue sky, creating a unique contrast that you can admire only during this time of the year.
This is the right moment to take a walk among the city's many farmhouses or to admire the surrounding abbeys and monasteries. You can discover local products as well while taking part of countless activities hosted in these localities that seem to have been frozen in time.
When days start to shorten and cold begins to be felt, it would be a good idea to visit Milan's civic museums, guarding treasures of immense value, plus they offer several entertaining activities and guided tours for all ages. Do not forget their rich exhibitions program that are proposed during fall.
Let's remember that this is the country's fashion capital, so a shopping session is always a must. That way you can start getting your Holyday gifts in advance.
For more information, visit: www.turismo.milano.it
- Milan's Farmhouses Nowadays it is hard to think that a modern Metropolis such as Milan once was an agricultural town. Nonetheless, thanks to the abundance of water and unique geographical features, Milan and its surroundings have always been a very lush territory with a rich farming tradition. Its exceptional watering system comprises natural springs, fountains and canals , plus centuries-old engineering wonders known as the Navigli. For more info: >
- Abbeys and monasteries in Milan and its surroundings Admire artistic and archirtectural masterpieces while acquiring some local products in itineraries that allow visitors to know how the old monastic comunities of Milan and its neighboring towns used to live. This trail includes some of the most important abbeys in the southern part of the city, such as the Abbey of Chiaravalle which, with its cloisters, monastery and guesthouse constitute a very articulated complex, the Abbey of Viboldone, the Mirasole and Morimondo Abbeys, until getting to the Certosa of Pavia. For more info >
- Milan's civic museums Milan's museums network managed by the Municipality is rich and varied, offering a cultural heritage of great cultural and historic value that is accesible for everybody. By visiting them, you can witness centuries of art and culture, from the findings of the Archaelogical Museum to the works showcased at the Museo del Novecento, from the dinosaurs of the Natural History Museum to the basins of the Civic Acuarium Let's not forget about the buildings that host such historic collections, the Royl Villa with its Modern Art Gallery and tthe many museums that are harbored at the Sforza Castle. For more info: >
- Events you cannot miss Autumn brings a series of events that will delight both residents and tourists all over the city: it starts with the great exhibition dedicated to Caravaggio at Palazzo Reale, featuring eighteen masterpieces borrowed from collections from all over the world. Then there are the Fall Design Week, the Music Week, dedicated to Pop Music, plus Bookcity, which focuses in books and literature. Do not miss the premiere of the Scala Theater with Umberto Giordano's Andrea Chénier to open the new season. For more info: >
- Shopping in Milan Milan has always been related to shopping both in Italy and abroad. Make use of a guide to discover the most interesting shopping streets, among brands, curious and luxury hints, boutiques and alternative shops. Find the right sale for everybody, suiting personal tastes and budgets. While you go shopping, do not forget to admire the city, we will take you through Milan's most beautiful streets! For more info: >