It’s spring. Blooming gardens for everyone
Guide to the Most Beautiful Gardens in Lombardia
Air becomes lighter and days get ever brighter and longer. Trees bloom and shoots germinate at every corner.
Spring is here! Where can you go in occasion of this wonderful season?
Enjoy the lush greenery with Lombardy's beautiful gardens. Some are hidden behind the gates of elegant mansions, others are almost caressed by the lake's waters and loom discreetly among busy roads.
Guide to the Most Beautiful Gardens in LombardiaHere are 5 examples that you should visit.
- Villa Carlotta's Botanical Garden Tremezzo (Como) Open to the public since march 18th, Villa Carlotta's gardens are a real feast for the eyes. It is possible to walk along a small path and discover expanding fields of azaleas and camellias, rhododendron forests, and bamboo gardens, which follow one after another in a sequence of unexpected background changes. It also has a suggestive Italian garden with terraces and a fragrant citrus trees tunnel, plus a relaxing area to go on a picnic. Read more >
- The Gardens of Villa Balbianello Lenno (Como) One of the finest locations, this Villa stands on a quiet, placid promontory facing Lake Como. Villa Balbianello in Lenno opens its gates to those who wish to discover its elegance and charm. Its gardens can be explored by starting at a pristine driveway that is accessible through the churchyard of a small chapel, while its pier leads to the top of the headland. You can gaze upon its famous candelabra plane trees and fragrant wisteria intertwined with classical statues. Read more >
- @Comune di MilanoBrera Botanical Garden Milan A green oasis that spruts unexpectedly among Milan's historic buildings. Brera's Botanical Garden is a large open air museum where you can learn about nature cycles and the passing of seasons. Its visitors' route will allow you to discover local history, architecture, XVIIIth century ponds, the Specola and restored original flowerbeds. You can find house plants, vegetable orchards, blooming bulbs and a splendid peonies collection. Read more >
- Heller Garden Gardone Riviera (Brescia) If you get the impression of entering into a small Eden, know that this is a common sensation when visiting Heller Garten. It is open from march through october and resembles a valley full pine trees and other northern species. Its surrounding ponds are covered with water lilies and lotus flowers, plus there are many waterstreams and zen water works that inspire visitors to meditate. Interesting contemporary art works can be seen inside the park as well. Read more >
- Isola del Garda Gardens San Felice del Benaco (Brescia) Palm trees from the Canary Islands, lush fruit plants such as persimmons, lemons, olives, oranges, grapefruits and barbary figs grow in its soil. Ancient pink China roses are grown here as well, along with Lady Hillingdon and Yellow Banksia Flowers. No, we are not talking about a tropical location, but a place in Lombardy, Isola del Garda opens its doors since springtime (march 27th 2016). The island's park and its garden are a feast of aromas and colors inside of which stands an elegant and neogothic Venetian Villa.