Spring in Monza and Brianza
5 things to say on spring in Monza and Brianza
Springtime means good weather, longer days, sunlight that become warmer and flowers starting to bloom.
The territories of Monza and Brianza offer several proposals for outdoor activities among the greenery for you to enjoy.
Let's discover them together!
For more information, visit www.turismo.monza.it
- Do sports at the Monza Park, the city's green jewel A centuries-old, considered the largest walled park in Europe, with a rich flora and fauna, historical buildings and countryside manors. It is an outstanding display of colors and scents during spring. Discover it by foot along one of the themed itineraries that it proposes, on horseback by starting from the stables, or by bike with the rental service at Casina Bastia. You can also rent tandems, rickshaws and scooters there. More sportive types can take its 4 different walking routes.
- Take Monza's Liberty-themed itinerary Springtime days are perfect for city sightseeing, discovering the city's suggestive corners. This itinerary mentions a joyous period for Monza: the time when daisies used to bloom on its buildings! By the end of the XIXth century, the presence of Queen Margherita of Savoy lead to the proliferation of stylized daisies adorning new houses and buildings. Start at the Royal Villa, which hosts the summertime court of the Savoy and keep going through the city while looking up to find out some of the finest examples of Liberty-style architecture.
- A long bike ride along the Villoresi Canal A bike lane that goes along the historic irrigation canal, built to connect the waters of the Ticino river to those of the Adda, going through Monza and the Lomabrd countryside. It is an easy cycling path that goes on plain fields, suitable for all kinds of bicycles and perfect for families with children. It goes through orchards and gardens, parks and forests, with the chance to take a detour in order to discover architectural wonders in numerous towns along the way. Monza has developed a network of Bike Friendly points scattered around this territory. For more info: >
- Guided tours at the Lambro Valley Park Starting on March 12th, there will be 22 encounters do discover the natural wonders of the Lambro Valley Park. This initiative is called "Inside the Park", featuring free tours by volunteer park guards. It is necessary to book in advance. Scopri di più >
- A fascinating journey into classic Brianza The Brianza is full of surprises for visitors that walk along its roads. Romantic views and panoramic points, ancient boroughs and aristocratic villas, churches and votive chapels. Guided visits proposed by the Lambro Valley Park last either half a day or a full one, plus they can be walked by people of all ages. Tours that are narrated with folk tales and anecdotes. There will also be moments dedicated to children, who will be involved in workshop activities. For more info (in Italian): >