Spring in Valcamonica
5 things to do during spring in Valcamonica
Spring in Valcamonica means without a doubt to enjoy its nature, but it also implies to discover unique traditions, culture and events. Do not miss this mixture of factors that comprise what is often called the richest garden of the Alps.
Also known as the Valley of Signs, it counts with the first site to in Italy to be protected by Unesco due to its cave litographs. This season is perfect for exploring the land on two wheels with its bike lane network. It is an ideal destination for spending Easter with the family or with friends.
Let us give you a few recommendations. This way you just have to go and find out all the elements for an unforgettable nature vacation that the Zone of Valcamonica has to offer in Spring!
- Signs of Spring at a Unesco Site The most fascinating and mysterious part of Camonica Valley is engraved in rock. For over 10,000 years, human beings have been leaving their mark in this land. There are 8 archaelogical parks that can be visited in the Valley of Signs, labelled as a Unesco Site in 1979 and thus the first in Italy. Spring is the best season to visit them all. Save the date of sunday March 26th, when writer Tiziano Fratus will guide you to discover majestic chestnut trees that harbor the magical engravings of Sonico's Fairies. For more info: >
- Valcamonica on two wheels The Camonica Valley welcomes cycling enthusiasts. Amid numerous culture, nature, culinary and wellness tourism options, you will have the chance to traverse this territory while riding a bicycle. You can go up towards legendary Alpine passes, made famous by the Giro d'Italia, plus plenty of mountain bike routes and outdoor trips to enjoy with the whole family along the Oglio River Bike Lane, which comprises the entire valley from the Glacier to the shores of Lake Iseo. For more info: >
- Nature's awakening The Camonica Valley means enjoying nature. Just think about the protected areas that make part of over 55% of its territory, full of Alpine flora and fauna. Springtime gives you the unique opportunity to traverse forests, countryside trails and natural parks in order to witness the awakening of what is considered as the richest garden in the Alps area due to its 2300 flower species. If you're lucky, you may meet some of the splendid mammals and birds that dwell in it alongside their cubs (but please abstain from touching them, otherwise their mothers would reject and abandon them!). For more info: >
- Easter in Valcamonica Easter in Valcamonica is the right occasion to taste the Spongada, the most famous dessert around these parts. There is even a traditional fair entirely dedicated to it. This season is perfect for witnessing a one of a kind work of art full of charm and mysticism: Beniamino Simoni's Via Crucis. This imposing wooden sculpture masterpiece comrpises 198 figures carved between 1752 and 1764. You can find it at the borough of Cerveno in the Valley of Signs. For more info: >
- A festival that trascends borders From March 24th through June 10th, the municipalities of Gianico, Artogne, Piancamuno and Darfo Boario Terme will take center stage with the OLTRECONFINE Festival, providing a Spring full of culture with some of the biggest names in literature, theater, cinema and visual arts: Emidio Clementi from Massimo Volume, Strega Award finalist Mauro Covacich, meteorologist Luca Mercalli, song authors Paletti and Nini Giacomelli. There will be local artist as well who will showcase the new and frantically creative Camonica Valley. For more info: >
Discover all of our projects