Spring in Varese
5 things to do and see for spring in Varese
Art, nature, sport and so many outdoor activities: Spring in Varese offers all of this and more. Its breathtaking attractions and landscapes are perfect for visitors.
When we talk about Varese, we usually mean the city, but the countryside includes lakes like the Maggiore. Why not enjoying a picnic or ride a bike along the lake and get on the cable car to the Unesco Site of the Sacro Monte?
Let us give you a few suggestions...you can discover the rest and live spring in Varese to the fullest!
- Fondo ambientePlenty of culture and fresh air at the Villa Della Porta Bozzolo The XVIIth century manor of Casalzuigno, managed by the FAI, is the ideal springtime destination to enjoy the season's scents and to get lost among its frescoed rooms. Do not miss the dancing hall, the dining room and its two kitchens. Although the Villa's park is its main attraction: a green expanse that awakens on spring, drawing inspiration to baroque landscaping. There are numerous events proposed by the FAI during the entirety of spring. For info (text in Italian) >
- Comune di VaresePicnic with children at the Zanzi Park Upon the shores of the Lake of Varese, the park is a little bit like Pinocchio's Pleasure Island: Carlo Collodi's character is really here, among the playgrounds, rides and lots of vegetation. About 60 thousand square meters of high, leafy trees that guarantee a fresh shade even during the sunniest afternoons, with plenty of tables and benches for enjoying a picnic. Sportive types can use the bike lane that goes through the park. It is possible to go around the lake on foot, bicycle, skates or scooter. The cycling circuit is connected to the Comabbio Lake and goes all the way to Lake Maggiore.
- Along the Furnaces Trail In order to stretch your legs after a long winter, we would recommend the brief pedestrian ringroad that untangles among the rocky trails of the Ispra promontory. It has medium-difficulty paths close to the water, allowing you to enjoy the wonderful landscape of Lake Maggiore and the view of a few decommissioned furnaces, authentic industrial architecture monuments. You can walk along this trail from either downtown Ispra or the lake front. It is suitable for trekking, but also for whoever wishes to engage in Nordic Walking. It is 5.3 kilometers long and can be completed in about 1 hour and 35 minutes.
- Paolo ValentiniVarese's Sacro Monte It is possible to walk through the trail taht will take you to these chapels, or else climb the slope or ride a mountain bike in order to reach them. Cable car rides towards them are available during the weekend. Once at the top it is nice to lose yourselves among the boroughs streets, stairs, underpasses illuminated by lanterns, Liberty-style villas and balconies that bloom during spring. Besides a visit to the Sanctuary, the Museum House of Ludovico Pogliaghi opens its gates to the public with the arrival of spring. The house-workshop in which the eclectic artist withdrew into and worked for decades harbors a unique collection. There are numerous cultural initiatives as well, from book presentations to musical happy hours. For more info >
- Cycling by Lake Maggiore: from Angera to Laveno If you love to travel on two wheels, spring is the best time to go out and enjoy the Varese's roads and itineraries. Let us recommend the lake front of Angera that goes towards Ranco along the shoreline of Lake Maggiore. Go uphill until Ispra by going by Quassa. You will traverse farmhouses and cultivated land from Ispra to Laveno, where you can stay by the shore or visit Villa Frua. Take the way back by going along the lake and traversing the banks of Cerro and Reno. You cannot miss stopping by Santa Caterina del Sasso. Afterwards go downhill to Angera.
Discover all of our projects