10 Good reasons to visit Lecco
10 good reasons to visit Lecco, travel guide
Here are 10 good reasons to visit Lecco. In case you don't know this province, we made a good list with 10 ideas for an unforgettable vacation. We are sure that you will come with additional reasons for visiting.
This city is often associated with The Betrothed, Alessandro Manzoni's most famous novel, and proposes itineraries of several localities described in the book.
Sports enthusiasts should see the Sanctuary of Madonna del Ghisallo since it is part of a route in the Giro d'Italia and it stands beside the Cycling Museum. It guards items that belonged to champions such as Bartali and Coppi.
Go to Mandello del Lario and visit the old manufacturing hub of Moto Guzzi, which nowadays serves as exhibition grounds for prototypes and historic models, original engines and components.
Get into the Versasio cable car towards Piani d'Erna in Monte Resegone. A breathtaking view of town and its surroundings await at a 1300 meters altitude.
Watch the natural spectacle of Bellano: a walkway ancored to rocks that leads to a waterfall and the mysterious tower known as the Devil's House.
Or perhaps you would prefer to climb the 349 stairs leading to the church in the Imbersago Forest.
Finish your vacations by going to local restaurants and taste their unparalleled delicacies.
- @scavo85It's the backdrop for Manzoni's most famous work The story of Renzo and Lucia in the renowned novel by Manzoni starts here. To this day, Lecco and its surroundings are full of literary mementos, especially in Pescarenico, where you can visit the church of the Santi Materno and Lucia. There is also the Manzoni Museum in Lecco, while Don Rodrigo's Palace and Lucia's house are visible only from the outside. Don't forget about the Castle of Innominato in Vercurago.
- Skiing here is an unforgettable experience Ski enthusiasts will find plenty of entertainment opportunities in Lecco. Go to Valsassina, where snowmobile tours on the Pian delle Betulle and Piani di Artavaggio are organized regularly. It's also possible to skate in Barzio and Betulle, and skiing at Piani di Bobbio, which offers slopes for every difficulty.
- It's a destination for cyclists Cycle lovers will find Lecco to be the perfect destination for a holiday on two wheels. Families and those looking for a bit of relax can take it easy and enjoy the scenery around Lake Garlate, the bike path of Valsassina, or along the Adda River. Meanwhile, trained athletes can hit the numerous trails, exploring in mountain bike among the hills, or head to the Bike Park in the Piani Resinelli. In winter? No worries, there's the fat bike to pedal even in the snow!
- @museomotoguzziRev the engines A Mandello del Lario, in fact, finds the production plant of the mythical Moto Guzzi: in activity since 1921, today a part of the palace has been transformed into a museum. Inside you can admire the prototypes and models that made history, plus original engines and spare parts.
- It has its own "Eiffel Tower" If you take a spin in the province, you can cross the Paderno d'Adda Bridge, a feat of engineering created entirely in iron that runs 266 meters, 85 meters over the Adda River. The masterpiece was designed in the 19th century by Jules Röthlisberger.
- It will get you in touch with water Passionate about kitesurf? You'll find everything you need here in Dervio or Colico. The sight of kites gliding on water is quite common due to the presence of various kite sailing, surfing and windsurfing. Give it a try!
- @exploratoridelladomenicaClimb to new heights Climb up the 349 steps that lead to the Madonna del Bosco Sanctuary in Imbersago where you can see the amazing views over the Valle dell'Adda. It was here that 3 shepherds once had a vision of the Virgin Mary in 1617. Cardinal Schuster conceded 300 days of pardoning for those who pray the rosary at every step. >
- It has an amazing view Take the cable car from Versasio to reach the Piani d'Erma at Mount Resegone in just 5 minutes. At an altitude of 1300 meters, you can take in the stunning panoramas as well as have a bit of fun – check out the adventure park where you can swing from the trees or the hills for sledding in the winter.
- @ilgiardinodiloryYou can stop by the Devil's house by going down the Orrido di Bellano In order to admire such a natural spectacle, just go to Bellano, where a rockbound pathway will take you to the waterfall. Along the way you'll see dark ravines, potholes, and caves that have been eroded by water over the centuries. At the entrance you'll see the "Cà del Diavol", the House of the Devil, a mysterious tower decorated with mythological creatures, among them a satyr, that have given birth to legends and all kind of rumors.
- Its villages are incredibly romantic Varenna is ideal to plan an escapade for two. This old fishers' town has been made for couples. Take a walk along the lakeshore and take a look among its shops and finish the day with dinner near the lake.