10 good reasons to visit Milan
10 good reasons to visit Milan, don't miss it!
Do you really need 10 good reasons to visit Milan? It is true that lots of people think of thick fog and heavy traffic when it comes to mind, but with these 10 suggestions we are sure you will fall in love with it.
Go to the terrace of its Cathedral or Duomo or the rooftop of the Vittorio Emanuele II Gallery and admire the skyline from above. If weather allows it, you can see downtown rooftops, skyscrapers and the Alps, it is particularly beautiful at sunset.
Cultural tourism lovers must take more than just a weekend to fully enjoy all the landmarks, museums and events the regional capital has to offer.
Once you get your culture fill, it is good to remember that you are in the country's fashion epicenter, so head to the Quadrilatero district and go shopping.
Discover the romantic side of this Milanese urban life by taking a boat tour along the canals of the Navigli.
This corner of northern Italy is famous for its parks. Consider visiting the ones of Sempione and Forlanini, plus those hidden in Villa Belgioioso.
If that is not enough, we remind you that this is a cosmopolitan metropolis, celebrated by its culinary scene. Traditional local dishes, haute cuisine, ethnic and street food, you are guaranteed to find it here.
Book now a sojourn in this welcoming land!
- It is even more beautiful seen from above You just need to go upwards the Cathedral's balcony or the roof of the Vittorio Emanuele II's roof to gaze upon a large part of Milan. Notice modern buildings rising among the Cathedral's columns and discover the outline of the Alps. You will surely fall in love with such a scenery, specially during sunset.
- It has style to spare During its Fashion Weeks Milan becomes the background of countless parades by great designers, exclusive events and incredible pieces. Fashion also means culture, tradition and shopping opportunities all year long. Proof of this can be found the emerging artists' workshops, artisans' warehouses, fine shops from prestigious brands and sales outlets
- It pushes towards the future Modern architecture has changed the appeareance of Milan's neighborhoods, making them even more fascinating. The Vertical Forest, labelled as the most beautiful skyscraper in the world, the Isozaki Tower and City Life, the Unicredit Pavillion are recent additions. The tendency towards innovation has always been one of the city's trademarks. Discover the Velasca and Branca Towers, the Cà Brutta of Muzio and the premises of the XXth Century Museum.
- It boasts a rich history It is modern, yet it guards an illustrious past with pride. Milan is full of great monuments such as the Duomo and the Gallery, but also the Sant'Ambrogio Church and the Sforza Castle, the courtyards of the University of Milan, the San Maurizio Church and the Momastero Maggiore just to mention a few. What about museums? Check out the Brera Picture Gallery, Da Vinci's Last Supper, the XXth Century Museum, the GAM and the Poldi Pezzoli. Don't forget to visit the fascinating Museum Houses circuit. With all these art pieces, Milan has lots of stories to tell.
- Design is a household quality When it comes to design the Salone del Mobile is the first thing that comes to mind. But that is not all, Milan eats, breathes and sleeps design all year long. From the Triennale to the Castiglioni Foundation, the Sacchi Archives and the Vico Magistretti archive-Museum. Discover the regional capital's creative side.
- Ceresio 7There are restaurants for all tastes Do you think Milan is not a culinary destination? Wrong! You can choose in this city whether to eat in a traditional trattoria, a starred restaurant, street food joints and gourmet brunches. Furthermore, you can go around the world thanks to its ethnic restaurants and delis. Be it that you seek some ossobuco with polenta or a steaming bowl of ramen, you will surely find the right place for lunch and dinner.
- It is possible to sail on the Navigli Milan has a deep connection with its Navigli. These water canals were even used to transport marble blocks from Candoglia into the city center in order to build the Duomo. It is possible to get to know them by sailing on boat: a comfortable and romantic way to immerse yourselves into both ancient and modern Milan. As a matter of fact, the Navigli are the center the city's nightlife.
- It teems with great events Although Expo 2015 was its latest success, Milan boasts a great number of fascinating events. Thrilling soccer matches that take place at the Giuseppe Meazza Stadium go along with marathons and concerts in the city squares. Above all, the Fashion Week, the Salone del Mobile and the Scala Teather's premieres are a must.
- It's a lot greener than you may think In the mood for some fresh air? Milan offers more options than you may think. From the Sempione and North Parks to the Monte Stella and Forlanini Parks, it is possible to discover the city's greener side. Let's not forget about its secret gardens, which usually hide ancient suggestive mansions. We strongly reccomend the gardens of Guastalla and Villa Belgiojoso.
- It is full of oddities waiting to be seen Did you know that there is a peculiar ear-shaped interphone in Milan? And that Sant'Estorgio guards relics from the Magi? Or that there is a church in via Verziere that has been decorated with real human bones? We bet that nobody has told you that in Sant'Ambrogio there is a pillar that emanates a sulfureous smell. It is said that it was erected by the Devil in a fit of rage. Milan will astonish you at any given chance.