Design shopping. Mandatory stops in Milan
Milan, A Guide to Design Stores
Milan is a synonym of design. It is a natural worfd association due to events such as the Salone del Mobile, the city's dedicated museums and foundations that focus on items that have made indoor architecture history.
Milan is the right destination for design shopping. Whether it is that you are looking for new decorations for the living room, the latest items for the dinning table, or distinct furnishings that highlights your office's desk, you will find it here.
It doesn't matter if it is a luxury or low-cost, niche or cult, the city will surely have the right shop with the right design item, be it a flagship from large brands or a custom order.
Here are 10 addresses where you go shopping and find the latest pieces.
- laRinascente Design Supermarket Piazza Duomo Besides the household items department, laRinascente's floors are an authentic design supermarket. From table accessories to stationery, lamps and luggage and suitcases, alarm clocks and calendars, 200 of the world's most prestigious brands can be found here: Alessi, Kartell, Nespresso, Samsonite, Moleskine, Bitossi and many more.
- Cargo HighTech Piazza XXV Aprile, 12 Those who enter a its doors for the first time don't expect to find such a vast assortment of shelves full of glasses, dinnerware, miscellaneous gadgets, perfumes, stationery and textiles. All of them design items from all over the world. At the upper floor, there is a space dedicated to select furniture and vintage lighting. All of this is located inside a fascinating industrial building. Do not miss also its sister shop, Cargo, in Milan's via privata Antonio Meucci 43.
- Moroni Gomma Corso Matteotti, 14 An authentic landmark for native Milanese people, it is possible to find here peculiar gift ideas, kitchen and office accessories. From Seletti lamps to baguette-shaped bread knives, bento boxes, coloring world maps, beard and mustache grooming kits,to the Isabrella 0% folding umbrella, these are all items that you can find here and take home inside an iconic red shopping bag.
- Funky Table Via Santa Marta, 19 This shop is the result of a fervent passion for beautiful, unique and handmade items, for an ironical yet sophisticated table arrangement. It is the ideal place to find vintage and handcrafted pieces, plates, linens and glasses. Let fantasy guide you, and your dinning room will never be dull.
- Laboratorio Paravicini Via Nerino, 8 More than just a shop, it is an artisan warehouse. This family business offers custom made and limited edition dinnerware. Refined porcelain pieces for special occasions and everyday use are its standard items. They can be put on a dishwashing machine without dire consequences. You will certainly fall in love with some of its pieces, among tea and coffee serving sets, cache-pots, vases, tiles, centerpieces and bombonnieres.
- Studio Dimore Collection Corso Italia, 1 The boutique at Studio Dimore Collection is a favorite among architects and furniture enthusiasts. Its rooms resemble the atmosphere of an aristocratic abode where vintage and modern pieces blend with refined limited edition handcrafted pieces.
- Brandstorming Via Corsico, 3 This shop in the middle of the canals of the navigli focuses on original design items made out of simple and recycled materials. Among its numerous proposals, handcrafted wood bijoux by mr.nico, Ciasmo armchairs, tables by Gennaro Comunale, Artègo pottery and eco-design furniture by Laquercia21.
- Entratalibera Corso Indipendenza, 16 This research workshop is recommended for whoever seeks unconventional art and design pieces. Entratalibera is a space that allows you to experience house decorations in a more personal way, inspired by iconic items devised by its founder, designer Bruno Rainaldi, plus a furniture and accessories selection by new talents.Such concept store hosts a constantly evolving showroom by Opinion Ciatti.
- Spazio Rossana Orlandi Via Matteo Bandello, 14-16 Collector, designer and talent scout, Rossana Orlandi expresses her passion and talent at the Spazio Rossanan Orlandi, a real reference point for those who work in the creative industry. Both vintage and modern, unique pieces and limited editions are tastefully displayed together here. Restaurant Bi Ben Dum by chef Marta Pulini is also located here.
- Tiger Via Meravigli, 1; Via Nerino, 12; Piazzale Cadorna, 4; Corso XXII Marzo, 28 Entertaining, curious and low cost. Those are the words that define Tiger, a Danish store chain where the most peculiar items can be found. Original and irreverent gift ideas, bathroom accessories, kitchenware and peculiar office gadgets.
Discover all of our projects