Going Shopping in Milan
Going shopping in Milan, necessary destinations
Going shopping in Milan is inevitable when you are in the city. If you are passionate about going shopping, Milan is the perfect destination for you.
The Fashion District known as the Quadrilatero needs no introductions, since it may be already in your itinerary. The following pages will provide additional advice to spend entire days going amid shop windows with our original proposals.
You could stay all day long at the 12 The Brian&Barry Building and not get bored. Twelve stories teeming with shops and food courts in which you can rest before going back to its boutiques.
The Excelsior is only few steps from there. Its seven floors will certainly satisfy everybody's demands with close attention to detail and spaces that will enthrall you.
Reach Piazza Duomo and go to the seventh floor of La Rinascente in order to get a better view of the urban skyline. You will probably enjoy its clothing, accessories, featuring the finest Italian and international brands, on the way to the top level.
Afterwards go to Galleria del Corso and stop by the number 10 door. More than a store, it will feel like being in an art exhibition due to the way its products are displayed.
Furthermore, High-Tech has useful and functional items in unusual shapes and colors, great for gift ideas.
- 12 The Brian&Barry Building Via Durini, 28 In Piazza San Babila the Brian & Barry megastore dominates the square with its 12 floors of intense shopping fun, including food courts, jewellery, clothing and beauty products. Brian & Barry boasts collaboration with the famous Eataly food chain, through the Eataly Café on the ground floor and the other restaurants on other floors. www.thebrianebarrybuilding.it >
- La Rinascente Piazza del Duomo Situated in the very heart of the city, right next to the splendid Cathedral, is Milan's temple of shopping, a mandatory stop for those who want to shop in Milan. Inside, you will find all national and international brands, spanning seven floors from the ground floor dedicated to interior design, up to the top floor where you will find the Food Hall with an incredible view on the Cathedral. www.rinascente.it >
- 10 Corso Como Corso Como, 10 This concept store, one of the coolest and most popular spots in Milan, stands out for its close connection with art. Founded by Carla Sozzani to be a photo gallery, the ground floor of 10 Corso Como is the realm of fashion and art; in the entrance courtyard there is the restaurant that also serves as a café. From this courtyard you can take a stairway taking you directly into Galleria Carla Sozzani, with important photo exhibitions, and finally to the astonishing Bookshop dedicated to art in any form. www.10corsocomo.com >
- Excelsior Milano Galleria del Corso, 4 The Excelsior store guarantees a unique shopping experience starting from the very entrance with its eccentric architecture made to impress. With its 7 floors, the store can meet any wish, from beauty products to quality food, with a selection of the most popular and trendy brands. www.excelsiormilano.com >
- High-Tech Piazza XXV Aprile, 12 The peculiar feature of this store is that it shows the value of apparently useless things; things you think you can do without but that in fact are really practical and functional. So if you're looking for something, but you don't know what, then chances are that you will find it at the High-Tech Store. www.cargomilano.it >
Discover all of our projects