Photo Gallery Lombardy
Photo Gallery, Lombardy from A to Z
Photo Gallery: Lombardy through the lense of a camera allows to put its territory under original, unexpected light. That is the purpose of the following list, a project done in collaboration with local entities, associations and consortia.
Who better than the zone's communities to describe a region as large and varied as Lombardy? Experiences that these pictures try to display often are associated with the art, traditions, nature, sportive experiences, food and wine and regional curiosities that every province has to offer.
Starting in Milan and the art cities of the remaining provinces, Pavia, Mantua, Sondrio and Cremona, not one gets left behind. Let's not forget about its lakes and valleys, like the Garda, the Iseo and the Valcamonica.
This Photo Gallery on Lombardy is a collective effort, arranged in alphabetical order. Although it is not exhaustive, it will certainly narrate in a realistic approach this land and the experiences to enjoy when visiting it.
Browse the gallery and do not miss a word!
- Lombardy from A to Z. Snapshots of a Region A rediscovered museum. Founded in 1796 from a visionary idea by Giacomo Carrara, Bergamo's Carrara Academy comes back to life after a 7 years' reconstruction effort. A hidden treasure for some, it guards artworks by Renaissance masters such as Donatello, Bellini, Raphael and Mantegna. For more info >
- Lombardy from A to Z. Snapshots of a Region Between the lake waters and heavens lies one of Italy's most beautiful boroughs: Tremosine sul Garda. An unspoiled paradise that appeases the soul and provides breathtaking landscapes. For more info >
- Lombardy from A to Z. Snapshots of a Region The euphoria of flying in a hydroplane to discover the city and the most suggestive hidden corners of Lake Como from above. The world's oldest hydroplane school, plus several gliding schools offer the chance to freely engage in these thrilling sports. For more info >
- Lombardy from A to Z. Snapshots of a Region Bicycles are the most widespread means of transportation in Cremona. Numerous bike lanes can be reached from the city center, among country paths and the banks of the Po river. For more info >
- Lombardy from A to Z. Snapshots of a Region Nature, sport and art mingle with events that evoke them: centuries-old traditions are renewed in town fairs. International artists find here their inspiration, just like Alessandro Manzoni did for writing the Betrothed... For more info >
- Lombardy from A to Z. Snapshots of a Region On the shores of the Lambro river at the province of Lodi, springs the Bolognini Castle, a majestic building that is worth admiring both on the outside and the inside. For more info >
- Lombardy from A to Z. Snapshots of a Region Mantua means culture and food... but nature as well! After visiting the city's most beautiful buildings, take a walk by the gardens that surround it. For more info >
- Lombardy from A to Z. Snapshots of a Region The capital of innovating startups and the headquarters of the most important multinational companies, #Milan and #PiazzaAffari. For more info >
- Lombardy from A to Z. Snapshots of a Region The Rossini Art Site is an open air museum, in Briosco Province of Brianza, where art and landscaping meet.
- Lombardy from A to Z. Snapshots of a Region The Visconti Castle hosts the the Civic Museums, with l Castello Visconteo ospita assorted collections that describe Pavia's history, art and and architecture, from Roman times to the XIXth century. For more info >
- Lombardy from A to Z. Snapshots of a Region The spectacular view of the Acquafraggia waterfalls in Valchiavenna! For more info >
- Lombardy from A to Z. Snapshots of a Region Alps, Prealps, the Po Valley and the Milan skyline with its skyscrapers comprise a unique landscape that can only be seen here.
- Lombardy from A to Z. Snapshots of a Region Piazza della Loggia in Brescia: designed during the Renaissance, it was the city's beating heart...it still is!
- Lombardy from A to Z. Snapshots of a Region Even though it is already over, The Floating Piers, Christo's latest project, has reinvented Lake Iseo, allowing visitors to walk along Sulzano to Monte Isola and the private island of San Paolo. It was possible to watch the installation from above in the mountains. For more info >
- Lombardy from A to Z. Snapshots of a Region Our journey through Lombardy continues through the land's social network galleries, displaying it through the lense of its local communities.
Discover pictures related to the following letters. Continue >
Discover all of our projects