Summertime in Lecco
5 activities for enjoying Sumertime in Lecco
Summer is considered by many to be the most beautiful season of the year: days are longer and full of light, warm temperatures allow to be outdoors from sunrise to sunset, plus numerous sports activities to spend your time in. Why not make the best of this to enjoy what this land has to offer?
Here are a couple suggestions for going outside and enjoy both local lakes and mountains.
In the morning: a full-speed downhill descent along the paths of Valsassina; by lunchtime: go swimming, windsurfing, kitesurfing and canoeing; in the afternoon: take flight along birds and watch the land from above; by evening time: lay on a lawn and admire the fireworks. If you choose a green vacation instead, get in touch with nature by trekking through Lecco's natural parks and rest at its shelters.
All of this and more is what you can expect during your summertime sojourn, whether it is for a weekend or a longer vacation.
Lake Como… a whole world of its own!
- Have you tried cycling downhill? There are numerous trails that can be traversed while riding a mountain bike. They are entertaining, yet never too challenging, to ride freely between Lecco's mountains. Freeride enthusiasts will put their skills to the test in breathtaking slopes based on their own training levels: there is a bike park at the plains of Bobbio full of ramps and jumping edges. It is pure adrenaline! For more info >
- A refreshing moment for a warm Summer! Just how hot is the weather these days? School's over, vacations have started for many and everybody wants to engange in sportive activities. Put all these factors together and we get...water sports! Kitesurfing, sailing, canoeing, rowing, diving. There are countless activities you can do on the waters of Lake Como. During these scorching days you can find structures where it is possible to rent equipment and get reliable instructors who will teach you the intricacies of such popular sports. For more info >
- "Nel blu dipinto di blu" - just like the song says... How does it feel to see Lake Como from above? What color are the treetops and the waters of Alpine ponds? Feel the thrill of soaring the sky using only the wind: there are several flying schools that will give you the opportunity to take off with a paraglider, allowing beginners to fly alongside qualified instructors. For more info >
- Escape the city and experience life at the mountains If you are seeking mountain vacations, some fresh air amid nature in an affordable, eco-friendly way, then trekking is just the thing for you! There are so many shelters scattered over the Lecco territory, both start and finishing points are immersed in greenery and silence. Put on your hiking boots and get yourselves a map, it is time to experience an active, sometimes spartan, vacation that will make you forget all about stress. After long hours of walking, enjoy supper with the genuine dishes of our local cuisine. For more info >
- Look up during Summer nights During the long, warm Summertime evenings, the dark skies get lit by the colors of firework shows. Night-time is perfect for concluding a vacation full excitement, perhaps after making new friends, and why not, new romances. It will be a real Midsummer Night's Dream: if Shakespeare knew Lake Como, he would have probably set most of his works here! For info >
Discover all of our projects