Summertime in Pavia
What to do during Summertime in Pavia
Summer is the season when one should relax, so getting in long cues when return home after a weekend trip should not be on program. This is why we recommend a quiet visit to Pavia and its surroundings to discover its artistic and natural wonders.
Beat the heat by visiting the Botanical Gardens or go on a trip to the Ticino river. You can always spend relaxing hours at Lomellina or enjoy the elegance of Vigevano or sit back and go to the thermal baths of Miradolo.
Leave the frantic city life behind and head to Pavia to experience a splendid Summertime among art, nature, food and wine!
- Trip to the Pietra Corva Botanic Garden Get a breath of fresh air at Oltrepò Pavese. The Alpine Garden of Pietra Corva is located at a 1000 meters altitude near Romagnese. Pavia's Apennine area boasts a colorful range of tree and flower species. Curious children will get to enjoy educational workshops to learn while having fun with qualified staff. There are guided tours that can be reserved for groups and entourages. Opening hours: from April 1st to September 30th, 9:00 - 12:00 and 15:00 - 19:00. Closed on mondays. For more info >
- Civic Museums at Pavia's Visconti Castle Among the numerous wonders that the city offers, the Visconti Castle's Civic Museums are certainly a must. Erected by Galeazzo II Visconti, the castle was built within five years from 1360 through 1365. This structure welcomes visitors with its Gothic lines and elegant lancet windows. It harbors Pavia's Civic Museums, with collections that narrate local history, art and architecture from ancient Roman times to the XIXth century. Do not miss the exhibition titled: "LOMBARDS. A people who changed history" starting on september 1st. For more info >
- Pavia: discover the city from another angle Every sunday and during the holidays, the Cicogna motorboat awaits to take you on a tour through the waters of the Ticino river. A tale from the past that will thrill you with a suggestive backdrop in a historic and naturalistic one-hour itinerary along the waterstream. A competent tourist guide will narrate tales, anecdotes and curious facts about the river, the city of Pavia, the Old Bridge and the heliport. You will head to the confluence with the Po river while admiring local flora and fauna. For more info >
- Summer Happy Hour at Vigevano's Piazza Ducale The area of Lomellina counts with ancient flavors and traditions worth discovering. Do not miss the chance to stop by the elegant city of Vigevano during your journey. After a visit to the Sforza Castle and the Cathedral, enjoy a traditional aperitif in Piazza Ducale in order to admire one of the first models of a Renaissance square. Serving as the city's ancient and modern living room, it is a suggestive place that inspires harmony. Master composer Arturo Toscanini often compared this square to a symphony. For more info >
- Relax at the Thermal Baths of Miradolo The thermal baths of Miradolo, surrounded by a 10 acres park, are the ideal destination for relaxing and enjoying their benefits. These thermal waters are rich in minerals, lithium, magnesium and sulfur, full of precious elements of marine origin that are essential for health. They have been known for centuries and counts with specialized spa treatment department, the Saline Wellness Center, the outdoors swimming pool and sports facilities. The Thermal Baths of Miradolo offer a wide range to satisfy each customer's demands with the purpose of blending health and relaxation. For more info >