Adrenaline 9 thrilling experiences in Lombardy
Guide to the most exciting activities to try in Lombardy
More than just dream-like landscapes, blooming gardens, vineyard rows, breathtaking lakes and timeless monuments of unparalleled beauty.
Lombardy is also the ideal destination for those who seek an adrenaline rush.
From paragliding to parachuting, from rafting on torrid streams to climbing on glaciers, various thrilling experiences will wait during your vacations.
Are you looking for adventure and extreme sports? Here are 8 tips you should try right away.
- Parachuting One, two and….and then you jump. Lots of courage and a little bit of madness is required to experience the thrill of parachuting, but there are several specialized schools in Lombardy where people can do it for the first time. You can jump from a helicopter or an airplane, flying over Bergamo, Cremona and Varese, with the help of an experienced pilot and hooked to a specialised harness. It will feel like floating in the air! For info >
- Bouldering Mention Val di Mello and enthusiasts will suddenly think of bouldering. This is where the finest Italian and international climbers will feature their acrobatic skill, balance and sheer physical strenght by climbing in an untouched natural ambiance. Inside the Val di Mello Natural Reserve takes place every year in may Melloblocco, an international bouldering gathering where champions of this discipline test their limits in thrilling climbing walls. For info >
- Paragliding Two can experience the joy of flight while paragliding. If you are amateurs, couple flying sessions allow to better appreciate this discipline with higher safety. Flights from Alpe Giumello, in Valsassina, are organised by Flybell,those above Lake Pusiano Aeroclub Cornizzolo; those from Lake Garda take off Monte Pizzocolo, while you should contact the Laveno Paragliding Club for sessions at Lake Maggiore. How about Lake Como? From a romantic landmark to an adventure destination thanks to Braveart: launch yourselves from Sorico, the view will take your breath again! For info >
- @Canoa Club ValtellinaRafting and canyoning If you love nature and adventure then Valtellina has the perfect combination for you. River sports such as rafting, hydrospeed and canyoning can be practiced on the rapids of the Adda river, one of the most thrilling ones in Lombardy. It flows from Stazzona rapidly until Castione Andevenno. Both experienced visitors who wish to experience such thrills in good company and newcomers that need an instructor can choose between several specialized organizations like the Canoa Club Valtellina and Teglio. For info >
- Downhill You will need nerves of steel and self-control: these slopes are really, really steep and prone to rafts and obstacles. Get your mountain bike and descend at breakneck speeds at the best places to practice downhill in Lombardy. Like the Made Bike Park in Madesimo with pump track, easy pipes, blue, red and black lanes allow both children and experienced visitors to approach this discipline. You will find in Livigno the Bike Park Mottolino, appreciated by downhill and enthusiasts where you can find not only 13 trails, but also a jumping area. For info >
- @Jungle Raider ParkBungee Jumping Bungee Jumping in Lombardy? You can experience it with JRP Xtreme, the extreme theme park located in the forests of Caglio, province of Como. You can jump from an altitude of 25 meters then cross a stream while clinging to two 50 meters-long pulleys. It is not far from the trail to the 130 meters long, 40 meters high maxi cable car, face it without fear... For info >
- Ice climbing Climb upon frozen waterfalls and enjoy the wild, isolated and untouched nature that surrounds you. There are several venues to dedicate yourselves to this sport, such as Livigno, where challenging ice flow of Candela delle Meraviglie is located. The ice structures of Valchiavenna can be found at Madesimo, Campodolcino and Val Febbraro; while in Val Camonica, near the Wooden Bridge and the Pisagna glacier interesting frozen walls to mettle your skills can be found.
- @PuresportHigh speed driving Become a legend by drivng in one of the world's oldest automotive circuits. Thanks to Monza's Autodrome driving experiences, racing car lovers will have the chance to get behind the wheel of Grand Turismo, Formula 3000 and Formula 1 vehicles at the Temple of Speed and feel like real pilots. There are alos driving stages with GT vehicles and the Monza Track Day, where you can even get on the racing lane with your own car. For info >
- Kitesurfing Wind, the water under your feet and a location worthy of a movie. Colico in Lake Como is without a doubt one of the most beloved places for kitesurfing enthusiasts. A little bit up north you can go to Limone del Garda and spread your wings on a kite over Lake Garda.There are several specialized schools you can go to, over the shores of the Brescia and Como sides, be it to learn the basics or rent the equipment. For info >