The cycle road of val bregaglia
Tour: The Cycle-Road of Val Bregaglia
The tour starts from Chiavenna, a beautiful city located in the province of Sondrio, which is famous for its "crotti", some kind of caves where the temperature is ideal for storing cheese and wine and where visitors can enjoy some typical dishes by dining in the open air courtyards.
Leaving from the railway station we pass by the magnificent Collegiata di San Lorenzo and Piazza Castello and we reach the cycle track entrance from which we get to the Natural Reserve of Marmitte dei Giganti.
Next stop is in Piuro where we can see Palazzo Vertemate Franchi before leaving for Borgonuovo where we can admire the fascinating Acquafraggia Waterfalls, national monument of Regione Lombardia.
The tour continues towards Santa Croce which has quite a demanding stretch in store and then reaches our last stop in Villa di Chiavenna.
- Collegiata di San Lorenzo: it is located in Chiavenna and it displays an original Romanesque structure with a colonnade made with a special stone from the area called "pietra ollare"
- Riserva Naturale Marmitte dei Giganti: a magical place where you can see extraordinary stones shaped by the water
- Palazzo Vertemate Franchi: a masterpiece of the Renaissance immersed in a charming natural setting in Prosto di Piuro
- Acquafraggia Waterfalls: a wonderful sight that you can enjoy from Borgonuovo Village
Places to visit:
- Chiavenna: a gorgeous town in the province of Sondrio and an important holiday resort for Italian and foreign visitors
- Campedello: a small village near Chiavenna located at an altitude of 403 metres
- Prosto di Piuro: where you can visit Palazzo Vertemate Franchi, one of the most important tourist attractions of the area
- Borgonuovo: from where you can admire the Acquafraggia Waterfalls panorama
- Borgo Santa Croce: from where starts a demanding two-km stretch
- Villa di Chiavenna: a nice village immersed in the nature where you can relax after your journey
Discover all of our projects